so a little over a year ago i started packing for something known as my peace corps adventure. i litterly had no idea what i should be packing as my out-of-country experiences had been limited to caribbean beachs and canada. so packing for a 2 year journey through a developing country in central america i literally had no idea as to how the packing should go. plus i was working under the 80lb limit given to me by peace corps.
anyway, like most new pc trainees i packed a bunch of useless stuff, not enough clothes, and a lot of stuff that i could have bought in nicaragua anyway.
in the past year i've aquirred more useless stuff ( i don't even know where it all has come from), lots of awesome free stuff (hello stove and table donated by el pueblo de japon), and collected a ton of recycled materials that one day i promise to do something with. really.
so returning from my medevac is kind of like a second chance at packing. which is fun. because now i'm smart. know what i want. know what i can by on my salary. know what i'll be craving. and know what i can share with my nica friends, my pc friends and use in the schools. so here are some of the random things i'm bringing back (and that i'm extremely excited about.)
1) i've washed all my clothes like 1000 times. seriously. i will never complain about doing laundry again as long as it is with a washer and dryer. my laundry smells AMAZING. like amazing amazing. so yes..everything has been washed and is ready to go back to being washed on my pila at like 4am. and i'm bringing back more clothes that i discovered in my house that would be perfect for nicaragua and i don't really care that they will look terrible in a year. but at least for the next few months i will have new clothes to wear!
2) halloween candy. best time ever to buy candy. its also trick or treat tonight here in the states so i of course have to share some with the little kiddes but the rest is going back with me. :)
3) mardi gras beads..yes. i'll use them in school or maybe i'll just have to plan a mardi gras party. either way..i'm cool with it.
4) cake mix. it was a dollar a box. that stuff is at least 60 or 70 cords. and i like cake. plus now i can make someone a cake and they will be amazed.
5) toothbrushes because pc doesn't provide them..which is cool. my family has a collected 100s of toothbrushes so i took a bunch to use over the next year..and now that i think about it maybe i should take some more and give those out as prizes in school too. i mean come on..who wants a teacher who gives you candy. toothbrushes are way cooler. and even cooler porque son de los estados.
yup. anyway. tomorrow i'll be back in my site with a delicious quesillo or maybe just gallo pinto and maduros. but at the very least i'll be have a butterfinger for dessert. :) yum!